Happy New Year! So, two years ago I made a post on my tumblr about 10 goals I had for developing a more refined/anachronistic/lolita lifestyle. Looking back, I’d say I was pretty successful.
Improve my posture Read more Write my stories in longhand or with a typewriter
- Practice playing a musical instrument every day
Improve my drawing/painting skills Eat less processed foods
- Better my chess game
Stop depriving myself of sleep
- Study etiquette
Spend more time being with people in-person, without distractions
I didn’t study etiquette, but I took a ballroom dancing class at my university, which works towards the same kind of idea. I never practice playing musical instruments, and I haven’t for a long time, which makes me sad to think about. Lastly, I’m still really bad at chess. All in all, I think the changes I made were definitely for the better, and I’m a lot happier with my life now than I was back then.
* * *
Without further ado, here is a new list of goals I’m setting for myself as I work towards having a happy, healthy, lolita lifestyle.
- Sew/craft more often and finish works in progress
- Better my chess game (I mean it this time.)
- Dance as often as I can
- Read more Victorian literature and poetry (I am actively trying to go to graduate school to work on a Ph.D. in Victorian lit.)
- Wear lolita more often, at least once or twice a week
- Work on making my non-lolita wardrobe more lolita- and/or gothic-inspired
- Regularly make artist books and get better at bookmaking in general
- Work on my writing, finish my novel, get published
- Continue learning Japanese
- Love the people in my life with all my heart
Readers, do you have any lolita-specific goals or resolutions for the new year? Please share them in the comments below. I’d love to hear them.